Mission Statement: In collaboration with the National Weather Service, enhance and support instruction and research in higher education to foster improved weather and climate literacy.
- Collaborative Education: Create and maintain a collection of shared lessons, activities, field studies and modules to be taught in the classroom and laboratory.
- Professional Development: Create and maintain a regional collaboration for the exchange of ideas and experiences for teaching weather and climate curricula.
- Student Research: Share and utilize resources to facilitate student research projects and promote learning objectives in the classroom.
- Career Pathways: Provide support to the higher education community to foster weather and climate literacy through STEM education and promotion of career pathway
- Unidata IDV case studies is free software available at http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/
- MetEd case studies from COMET available at https://www.meted.ucar.edu/
- Youtube videos posted that we post can be shared with the group. Our YouTube channel is located at https://www.youtube.com/user/NWSLosAngeles
- One of our forecaster shared a video about the rare lightning storm of May 14, 2015. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCjjXW76qgc